By Jim DeBrosse So you’re stuck in Athens for the summer and ruing the day when the Uptown streets are blazing hot and empty? Buck up, pal. Athens has something called The Great Outdoors. Try fishing. Yes, there are actually fish in the Hocking River, and big ones... Read more
by Amanda J. Weed As the school year draws to a close, students are thinking ahead to the mass exodus of Athens that occurs after spring finals. If you will be heading out for the summer, take some time this weekend to experience some events that highlight the creative... Read more
By Amanda J. Weed Memorial Day, observed on the last Monday of May, signals the beginning of summer. It is filled with the sounds of marching bands which parade down Main Street and the smoky aromas from backyard barbeques. Yet the origin of the holiday does celebrate... Read more
Spring marks the beginning of a new season that is not technically on the calendar as a season — festival season. Whether it is a church festival, school festival, fireman’s fest, or fest in Athens, these events include some of the best food, drinks, and activities... Read more
by: Kirsten Hamilton Athens community members, and local officials, work to create a better environment in Athens County. Recently, steps have been taken to increase the safety of the community as well as simply benefit public individuals in a friendly manner. Organizations... Read more
>> << Photos
- September 4, 2014 – Photo 2 (Instagram) (Cell Phone) (flickr)
- September 5, 2014 (Instagram) (Cell Phone) (flickr)
- September 4, 2014 (Instagram) (Cell Phone) (flickr)
- August 20, 2014 – Photo 2 (Instagram) (Cell Phone) (flickr)
- July 31, 2014 (Instagram) (Cell Phone) (flickr)
- July 31, 2014 – Photo 1 (Instagram) (Cell Phone) (flickr)
- July 29, 2014 – Photo 2 (Instagram) (Cell Phone) (flickr)
- July 29, 2014 (Instagram) (Cell Phone) (flickr)
OU Student Senate Treasurer Carter Phillips began senate’s meeting Wednesday night by resigning.
Athens, OH63-year-old ex-deputy sheriff charged with 33-year old murder of colleague
Mitchell Ruble – a former Washington County Sheriff’s deputy – was arrested on Tuesday for shooting and killing Deputy Lt. Ray Clark in 1981.
Road salt more ex…
Allison GensAthens, OHOhio University Police are temporarily increasing security measures at the Student Senate meeting in light of a chaotic meeting at last week.
In an announcement to the student body, the Senate said, “the Ohio University Police Dep…
Friday, September 26 & Saturday, September 27 @ ARTS/WestARTS/West Presents: The Tecumseh Theater and The Athens County Historical Society Production of:Mary Todd: A Woman Apart is a historical fictionalization of Mary Todd’s final day in Bellevue …
Wednesday, September 24from 7:00 to 8:30pm at the Athens LibraryHave you ever wondered about osteopathic manipulation – what is it, how does it help, and what are your options locally? Luke Robinson, DO (UMA) will introduce us to the benefits of us…
Interviews and performances from day one of the 2014 Steampunk Spectacle, held Sept. 5 at ARTS/West in Athens, Ohio. Produced by Nicole Schneider of WOUB Public Media.
You know you want to work with some awesome people!Events Coordinator for Arts/WestThe City of Athens is seeking qualified applicants for the position of Events Coordinator for ARTS/West. This a part-time position at the ARTS/West facility. Must be kno…
Cheri RussoLancaster, OhioArt, featuring pop culture icons like Elton John, Michael Jackson and Andy Warhol, is hanging in the Raymond S. Wilkes Gallery for the Visual Arts for the next couple of months as part of a new exhibit.
The exhibit by Lancas…
Cheyanne SkaggsAthens, OhioPhoto Credit: Sarah Laubacher/WOUB Public MediaShilpa Ray at the 2013 Nelsonville Music Festival. Ray and her band will perform at The Union on Sept. 20.
Brooklyn’s Shilpa Ray brings her unique blend of blues and punk to The…
On Wednesday, Sept. 24th at 5 pm in Baker Center Theater, Dr. Bart van Es from St. Catherine’s College, Oxford will deliver a lecture titled “1594: Shakespeare’s Most Important Year.” At the start of 1594 Shakespeare was still an onlooker to the …
- Phase I: Alden Library Renovations Cater to Student Needs (Alden Library)
- Phase I: Alden Library Renovations Cater to Student Needs (Ohio University Libraries News and Events)
Denne URL er ikke længere gyldig. Hvis du har adgang, kan du besøge denne side for at finde den nye URL: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=59973932369
- SOPEC (Athens OH Miscellaneous)
- US Route 33 & E. State St. Corridor Presentation (Athens OH Miscellaneous)
It’s interesting to hear astute China-US venture investors Gary Rieschel of Qiming Ventures and Chris Evdemon of Innovations Works say they wouldn’t invest in Alibaba stock as the Chinese e-commerce company gets set to go public in New York late …
- Farang Me (or how this blog got its name) (Farang Me)
- Farang Me (or how this blog got its name) (Farang Me)
Andrew GaugAthens, OHPhoto Credit: Ohio UniversityThe Perry & Sandy Sook Academic Center will be at the north end zone of Peden Stadium
Ohio University announced plans Wednesday for a new “state-of-the-art” academic center that will be located beh…
- Bobcat Club. Sook Family Lays Groundwork For New Academic Center (ohiobobcats.com)
- New NFL Drug Policy Affects Former Bobcats (WOUB Sports)
July 28, 31, August 4, 7, 11, 14, 18, 21, 25, 28, September 1, 4, 8, 11, 15, 18, 22, 25, 29, October 2, 6, 9, 13, 16, 20, 23, 27, 30, 2014. Held every Monday and Thursday from May through October, the Chesterhill Produce Auction is your source for fres…
- Shade Winery (Visitors Bureau)
- Athens Farmers Market (Visitors Bureau)
It’s a simple fact that fresh Mozzarella is the number-one melting paradise on any pizza. In fact, mozzarella is to pizza what leprosy is to diseases…or Jack the Ripper is to serial killers, bad analogies? Maybe, but using cheese that you have f…
- Two Wet, Wild and Wonderful Summer Cocas (Pizza Goon)
- Chanterelle and Rabbit Pizza (Pizza Goon)
A Pew Research study published this week reports that libraries are not, in fact, dying.
- Nowstalgia: “Pokemon” encompasses everything a young child could ask for (The Post :: Opinion)
- Red, Blue & You: America needs to counter ISIS terror group (The Post :: Opinion)
Can eating chocolate help you lose weight? Surprising health claims about chocolate have come out in recent years. Studies have
found, for example, that eating chocolate on a regular basis might help to lower blood pressure and heart attack risk, imp…
- Alzheimers and blood test (Family Health Radio)
- Mexican Americans and obesity (Family Health Radio)
Every week, staff writer Luke O’Roark will give points on who to start and sit for owner’s fantasy lineups.
- The Story of the Extroverted Introvert (person on the street)
- Silveira, Walker named MAC Players of the Week (The Post :: Blogs)